1. Kidnap him from work and play hooky. If your budget’s limited, plan a low-cost outing: Go to an amusement park, or pack a picnic lunch.
2. Hand him cash to spend that he didn’t earn. Give him a gift certificate to his favorite store. Spending someone else’s money is always more fun than spending your own!
3. Send him to a men’s retreat. Set aside a weekend for dad to go to the church’s upcoming men’s retreat. He’ll return refreshed and renewed.
4. Surprise him with a sparkling clean car and an oil change. If your dad does all our automobile maintenance, take the car in for an oil change or an unexpected car wash, he’ll be thrilled and relieved. Getting into a clean car to go to work is always better than putting up with a filthy one!
5. Give him a day alone to do what he wants. He just doesn’t have enough free time. If he did, he’s always spending it with the family. What he might need is some time alone.
6. Save up for that expensive gift he wants. Sometimes, our dads just don’t want to spend anything for themselves because they always prioritize everybody else around them.
7. Just let him know you love him. He will appreciate this the most. If he knows you are thinking of him and genuinely love him, then he’ll know all his efforts didn’t go to waste. Give him a big hug and thank him for all that he has done.
8. Show him you care. Get a new tumbler, something he can use at work, something he can wear like a custom shirt made with your design. He’ll be VERY proud to wear it. Just don’t make it too pink.
There are as many ways to celebrate Father’s Day. The time you spend planning any event in his honor is well worth the effort.